The Children’s Aid Foundation was founded in 1979 by a group of people looking to provide youth in less-than-ideal situations with the necessary resources and support to live happy, successful lives. Today, they work with over 40 child welfare agencies to make that happen for kids all over the country.
We’re proud to support the Children’s Aid Foundation because of the invaluable work they do and the hope they provide to underprivileged kids. Read on to learn a bit more about this admirable charity!
What the Children’s Aid Foundation Does
Countless kids across the country have parents who can’t care for them, so they are left to struggle in foster homes and other forms of supervised care. Some of these kids are abuse and neglect victims and others grew up impoverished.
But the Children’s Aid Foundation believes that these kids’ futures don’t have to look as grim as their pasts. That’s why they work to provide the kids with the help they need to grow into emotionally healthy, happy adults, including educational help, support for recovering from childhood trauma, and more.
Programs Funded by the Children’s Aid Foundation
Visit the Children’s Aid Foundation website, and you’ll see that they fund several programs in four different areas: prevention, healing/recovery, enrichment, and education. Here are some of the specific programs they fund to give kids hope for a better future:
- Prevention and Early Intervention Fund – This program helps people who need necessities to care for their children (diapers, furniture, strollers, etc.).
- Wendy’s Wonderful Kids – This program helps children in foster care find loving, permanent homes.
- Family Services Camp – This program allows youth to attend day camps and overnight camps so they can make new friends and learn new things.
- The Ambassador School – This unique school helps high-risk youth from ages 16 to 25 graduate from high school and get the support they need to transition into adulthood.
Check out the Children’s Aid Foundation website to see the other programs they support.
How You Can Help the Children’s Aid Foundation
If you’re interested in making a difference in the lives of underprivileged kids, consider contributing in one of these ways:
- Make a monetary donation – You can choose to make a one-time donation or become a regular donor by signing up to contribute monthly.
- Donate a non-cash good/service – If you have unneeded computers, toys, or any of the other products listed here, you can donate them to help needy children.
- Volunteer – If you’re like to help with one of the Children’s Aid Foundation’s event, you can sign up to donate your time.
- Adopt a child – The Children’s Aid Foundation website is full of resources to help you if you live in Canada and are looking into adoption.
If you’d like to learn more about how you can partner with the Children’s Aid Foundation to help children in need, contact our team here at TGO Consulting – we’d love to help however we can!