The Power of Excel with the Control you Need
The original blog post can be found at True Sky and provides an overview of the budgeting, planning and forecasting solution – True Sky. True Sky Budgeting, Planning and Forecasting solution is a flexible and powerful tool that helps organizations streamline and manage their budgeting and planning process. The basic philosophy of True Sky can be best described as: Budget in Excel, Manage in SharePoint and Store in SQL Server.
Budget in Excel
True Sky allows you to enter planning information in a familiar and easy to use tool – Microsoft Excel. Unlike traditional Excel spreadsheet budget templates, True Sky templates are dynamic and can be used for multiple reporting units, and returns up-to-date data to the End-User.
Manage in SharePoint and Store in SQL Server
Monitoring and Administration of the planning processes are controlled in SharePoint and the data is securely stored in a centralized SQL database. True Sky centralizes your data, making it secure, reliable and accessible, in other words, your budgeting data is not spread out in numerous files on countless laptops and desktops and shared drives. Your data can be reported on in any sort of look and feel you desire – you build the templates that retrieve the data, which means that you control how the data looks.
Features of True Sky:
- Eliminate the need to manually create, maintain and merge hundreds of individual spreadsheets
- Obtain real-time visibility into your budgeting process
- Visualize your data with custom dashboards and charts
- Share information throughout your organization with interactive reports
- Dynamically analyze your data to determine the cause of variances and make adjustments quickly
Need more information about True Sky?